Hey there, everyone, and happy Thanksgiving! Boy oh boy, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Not only do I have amazing friends and family, but this year I can add a college degree, a new place to live, a new school, and plenty of law school friends to add to the list of things I am thankful for. I am sure many of you feel the same.

Unfortunately, I go to school about 1,000 miles away from my hometown, and going home for the holiday just wasn't an option; plane tickets were too expensive, driving would take too long. So here I am in this college town, left to celebrate Thanksgiving away from home. Luckily for me, Thanksgiving is a holiday I am rather indifferent to - sure, I am very thankful for what I have, but I've never felt all that attached to the holiday. Black Friday doesn't appeal to me anymore either, after 3 years of working in retail. So, I'm not all that bummed about not going home. In fact, I'm pretty excited about my first law school Thanksgiving break!

Classes for us law students lasted until Tuesday. The undergrads here were done last Friday, so it was pretty quiet over the weekend and the beginning of the week. This was great because our memo was due, and everyone is trying to get a bunch of stuff finished up before the end of the semester. Because the weekend was so productive, I decided to take Wednesday, the first day of break, off from doing anything school related. I laid at home, watched TV, baked a pumpkin pie, and was lazy as can be. This was a much needed treat.

Thursday was turkey day. Although I didn't get to have a big Thanksgiving meal with my family, one of my friends from school who also stayed here over break cooked us an entire Thanksgiving feast with two other friends. Let me tell you, the day your friend cooks an entire turkey dinner is the day they earn your respect for life. I'm pretty sure that's what it takes to become a real adult. It was so nice to relax with friends, complain about law school, and stuff our faces with something other than take-out or macaroni and cheese.

Today is Friday, which meant my break had to be over and I needed to get back to work and study a little bit. However, there was one important life event that I had to do first. Gilmore Girls, my favorite show since the 5th grade, premiered four specials on Netflix. So I woke up at 3:00 a.m. ET to watch all 6 hours before I was off to school to study. Let me tell you, if I didn't get the opportunity to actually go home for break, this show is the closest thing to home there is for me.

When I got to school, I was devastated to find out that my ID card was not working to swipe into the law building. In fact, nobody's card was working. Myself, along with two other students and a professor, were trapped outside of the building. Professor to the rescue, though. He called the university police for us and we were let in to get our books and study away. That's where I spent most of my day. However, I did take a break in the afternoon to watch some football.

Tomorrow and Sunday will be similar. I need to study and work on school most of the day. I still have two research projects, my CORE grammar post-test, and studying for finals in the remaining seventeen days of the semester. It feels like there is a lot to do, but I am motivated and I know that I can do it.

Sometime in the rest of the weekend, I am going to clean my entire apartment, go grocery shopping to get necessary sustenance for finals, and try to find a little more time to relax. I hope all of you law students are able to do the same.

Oh yeah - and last, but not least - I want to say I am so thankful for each and every one of you that reads my blog. I have already gotten more readers than I ever thought I would, and the number grows every day. Thank you for being a part of my law school adventure!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Caffeine and Case Briefs · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS